This week has been very trying for me. I didn’t know if I was going or coming or which way I went. I was turning around, meeting myself. The week went south when I cancelled appointments to make new ones. My day started early morning and ended late evening—not getting home until after dark. A vacation where I only sit and breathed is looking good.
Today I came across a book I didn’t know I had titled How Did I Get So Busy by Valorie Burton. She had a list of The Ten Commandments of Self – Care.
- Use all of your vacation time every year.
- Commit your time off solely to nonwork-related activities.
- Take your rest seriously.
- Have fun at least once a week.
- Eat regularly, preferably sitting down.
- Exercise regularly, preferably standing up.
- Be fruitful and productive, not busy.
- Use technology to gain time, not consume it.
- Connect heart-to-heart with the people who matter.
- Be let by the Spirit.
After meditating on my situation in relation to the Ten Commandments, I made a commitment to make drastic changes in my life. Another thought came to me was to find the motive for me pushing myself to this point.
How’s your life? Are you on busy overload?